In the Case of an Accident
FREECollision Repair Estimate
What to do at the accident scene:
- Stop! Do not leave the scene. If your car is creating a safety hazard, or you're concerned with your personal safety, move to a safer place.
- Check for Injuries. Life & health are more important than damage to vehicles.
- Note specific damage to all vehicles.
- Call the police immediately and follow their instructions.
- Write down accident information including names, addresses, & license numbers of persons involved and the description(s) of the other vehicle(s).
- Write down witness information. This assist in verifying how the accident actually happened.
- Exchange vehicle and insurance information with the other party (ies) to the accident.
- Do not sign any document unless it is requested by the police or your insurance company.
The proper steps to take after a collision:
- Contact your Insurance Company or insurance agent immediately after the accident.
- Call you nearest CRASH1 location if your vehicle is not drivable, to arrange towing. Towing assistance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays. If your vehicle has already been towed to a storage lot, minimize storage charges by moving your vehicle to a CRASH1 location as soon as possible.
- If your insurance company requests that you obtain an estimate on your own, your nearest CRASH1 location will provide a free estimate of repairs, and assist you with your claim. CRASH1 locations repair vehicles for all insurers.
- If your Insurance Company will be writing the Estimate, your claim will be assigned an adjuster that will review the damage to your vehicle onsite at your nearest CRASH1 location.
- We will explain the repair process to you before we begin, and encourage your questions.
- Authorize your CRASH1 location to repair your vehicle by signing a work authorization. This authorization allows us to converse with your insurance company on your behalf to ensure proper repairs and payment.
- Ask us to make the arrangements for a shuttle or a rental vehicle. Your transportation needs during the repair process are important to us.
- We want you to be completely satisfied with the repairs to your vehicle. CRASH1 will provide a Limited Lifetime National Warranty on the repairs to your vehicle.
Request A FREE Online Estimate Today!
Contact OurFour Joliet IL area Auto Body Shops
Auto BodyRepair Testimonials
New Lenox Auto Body
290 E. Haven Ave
New Lenox, IL 60451
(Click for Directions)
Phone (815) 485-0000
Fax (815) 485-0004
An impressively run organization. From my first phone call, They were a breeze to work with. I have had repairs to other cars at other shops and most of those experiences were terrible! "My business will stay with CRASH1."~ Raymond