In the Case of an Accident
FREECollision Repair Estimate
What to do at the accident scene:
- Stop! Do not leave the scene. If your car is creating a safety hazard, or you're concerned with your personal safety, move to a safer place.
- Check for Injuries. Life & health are more important than damage to vehicles.
- Note specific damage to all vehicles.
- Call the police immediately and follow their instructions.
- Write down accident information including names, addresses, & license numbers of persons involved and the description(s) of the other vehicle(s).
- Write down witness information. This assist in verifying how the accident actually happened.
- Exchange vehicle and insurance information with the other party (ies) to the accident.
- Do not sign any document unless it is requested by the police or your insurance company.
The proper steps to take after a collision:
- Contact your Insurance Company or insurance agent immediately after the accident.
- Call you nearest CRASH1 location if your vehicle is not drivable, to arrange towing. Towing assistance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays. If your vehicle has already been towed to a storage lot, minimize storage charges by moving your vehicle to a CRASH1 location as soon as possible.
- If your insurance company requests that you obtain an estimate on your own, your nearest CRASH1 location will provide a free estimate of repairs, and assist you with your claim. CRASH1 locations repair vehicles for all insurers.
- If your Insurance Company will be writing the Estimate, your claim will be assigned an adjuster that will review the damage to your vehicle onsite at your nearest CRASH1 location.
- We will explain the repair process to you before we begin, and encourage your questions.
- Authorize your CRASH1 location to repair your vehicle by signing a work authorization. This authorization allows us to converse with your insurance company on your behalf to ensure proper repairs and payment.
- Ask us to make the arrangements for a shuttle or a rental vehicle. Your transportation needs during the repair process are important to us.
- We want you to be completely satisfied with the repairs to your vehicle. CRASH1 will provide a Limited Lifetime National Warranty on the repairs to your vehicle.
Request A FREE Online Estimate Today!
Contact Our Joliet IL area Auto Body Shop
Auto BodyRepair Testimonials
An impressively run organization. From my first phone call, They were a breeze to work with. I have had repairs to other cars at other shops and most of those experiences were terrible! "My business will stay with CRASH1."~ Raymond